In order to properly prune a rose bush in the summer, you will need the following: shears, water, fertilizer, and mulch. Snapping off the head of a rose is called "Dead Heading". If you remove the bloom, the bush will stop expending energy on a dying or fading bloom. Instead, the energy will be directed to the new blooms. When you are pruning, you need to cut down to a portion of a stem that has 5 leaflets. When you cut, you should cut in the direction you want the new growth to go. It will sprout in the direction of the cutting. Roses need a lot of feeding: a good mulch and a good fertilizer. Wash them down really well with water every week.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades