John White and Rosemary Maddox Master Gardner will teach us how to prune our hybrid t-roses. To begin, you'll need a set of bypass pruners, long handles loppers for branches or canes, which are bigger than your thumb. You may also need a pruning saw, 10% bleach solution which is 10 parts water + 1 part bleach., an old dog bowl for the bleach, gloves, and a low stool. Begin with the bypass pruners clipping all branches that may be crossing or too close to the main branches that you will keep. The rule for deciding is new growth over old growth. Cut all dead wood and weak limbs. Always cut above first bud from the bottom. The ideal time to prune in southern New Mexico is Valentine's Day, because it is 2 months after before the last average freeze. After pruning the bush should resemble an upturned palm with the fingers raised and slightly spread apart. Proceed to spray with dormant oil to get rid of any bugs that may have survived the previous freezes. Don't forget to use your bleach solution to sterilize your tools to keep from spreading disease. You can begin feeding after the last frost day, in Southern New Mexico is April 15th. Enjoy your flowers!
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades