Patty Moreno shows us how to make a worm compost bin with cheap, everyday, household items.
• Get an 18-gallon rubber storage bin and at least two tops.
• Drill holes into bin for aeration.
• Place cardboard into the bottom of the bin.
• Spread a bed of shredded newspaper on top of the cardboard.
• Moisten the newspaper with water; not to dry, but not soaking wet either.
• Add earthworms to the mixture. If you purchase them, get red wigglers.
• Sprinkle about a quart pot worth of soil on top of the worms.
• Now add kitchen waste or garden clippings.
• Finally, set the bin on top of one lid and cover the bin with other lid.
Following these steps will give you compost to use in your potted plants and garden within weeks.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades