Say hello to "Meet Eater," the world's most social garden. Seriously — say hello! Its life may depend on it:
"Planted by University of Queensland student Bashkim Isai, Meet Eater is in the grounds of the State Library of Queensland in Brisbane — and it has quite the fan club. The garden is rigged with a system that monitors social interaction on the internet and feeds or waters it in response.
Giving a new meaning to the term 'news feed,' Meet Eater is watered whenever someone writes on its Facebook wall or stops by to say hello. The garden also answers some messages from fans and 'cries' when it wants attention."
But wait! You may want to reconsider that friend request:
"'We found that it's been over-loved, it's actually died two times from having too much stimulation, which is an interesting outcome for us,' said Isai."
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades