Guerilla gardener Steve Wheen has a simple solution for urban beautification: grow mini-gardens in potholes all over the city, simultaneously transforming ugly roads AND warning motorists and cyclists of potentially dangerous potholes.
"'I'm a mad keen gardener but I live in a small flat without a garden,' said Mr Wheen, from Shoreditch, east London.
'I also wanted to make a point. As a cyclist I find potholes a constant menace. I have almost come off my bike several times.
And the roads are in the worst state I have ever known in London because of the snow this winter. I choose smaller roads or pavements with potholes and work early morning or evening so that I don't get run over while gardening.
I prefer to use low plants with bright, colourful flowers in the hope that motorists will see my gardens and avoid them.'"
Check out Steve's site for his latest work.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades