Don't throw out your wilting plants! There's a chance you can bring it back from the dead. Your wilting plant can be spared and revitalized with a little help & these easy steps.
You Will Need:
• A pair of scissors or a knife
• Plant insecticides
• A planting pot
• Potting soil
Step 1: Identify the cause
Lift the plant from the pot to check the root system. The roots should be light colored; if not, they are rotting.
Step 2: Fix what is causing the problem
Cut out the rotten parts of the roots and a half inch into the good part of the root using scissors or a knife.
Step 3: Check for insects
Check for insects. If they are present, use a plant insecticide according to the directions.
Step 4: Replant into a new pot
Add about two inches of potting soil into a new pot and put in the plant, adding more potting soil around the plant to stabilize it. Keep adding soil until it's an inch from the top of the pot.
Step 5: Water the plant
Add enough water that the pot overflows slightly.
Trivia: There are an estimated 400,000 species of plants in the world.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades