In order to prune pine shrubs or trees, you will need the following: pruning sheers. Conifers can be pruned, whenever they aren't growing. Pruning when a plant is actively growing will retard the growth. Therefore, if you need to restrict the height of a tree or shrub, then you would prune it, when it is in active phase. New bud formation will begin at the point where you trim. Future trimming should be done where new bud growth is found. Pinching is a technique that can also be used. Simply pinch and hold a tip for several seconds, which is an effective non-cutting method to restrict growth.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades