John White discusses how to propagate houseplants. You will need a potting mix called a "soilless" mix, which contains only vermiculite, perlite and peat moss. In addition you will need a sharp knife, a pruner and a weeding hormone to help induce root growth on the cuttings. Plants such as the pothos or arrowhead plants have little nodes at the base of the leaf. This is where a root will form so the cutting needs to include this little root end. Let the cut ends air dry for a few hours before planting. Then make an indent in the soil and put the cutting in, wet it, and it will soon begin to grow roots. Some plants like the ficus don't have the little root formations so make the cut on the stem and remove most of the leaves except for a few at the top. Dip the stem into the hormone before planting it in the pot. While the plants are rooting keep them moist and cover them with plastic or a glass jar inverted over the plant.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades