In this video, Ruth Greenhouse teaches us how to process native plants for eating. The Mesquite desert plant is a great fuel as well as good for beans in the summer months. One way to use the beans is to pick the dry beans when they are ripe (they will be tan) and you can grind the pod into a fine powder, which will make a flour that is healthy. You can mix this flour with water and it can be a healthy beverage. It can also be added to cookies and breads to make them sweeter. Another plant is the Prickly Pear which is edible if handled correctly. To handle these, first use tongs and a knife to scrape the prickly spines off, then trim the edges off. After doing this, cut off the ends and you can slice or dice the middle of the Prickly Pear. There are a number of different recipes to use this in. You can grow these right in your own garden and make delicious new recipes!
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades