How to prepare soil for a wildflower garden
First you have to decide where you are going to plant your flowers. Then you have to pick out the type of flowers that you are going to plant. Make sure that you pick a regional blend that is good for your area and that it contains a number of different flowers in the mix, at least 24-26 varieties. If there is a lot of vegetation on the site where you are going to plant two step mow the area and then rake the thatch away. If your going to till the land make sure you till shallow, not more than an inch and half. Then rake out the excess grass after you till the ground. Hand throw the seed but make sure you go in two different directions end to end and side to side so that you get an even distribution of seeds. After you distribute the seeds rake the area to rake in the seeds and keep them from blowing away. After you rake it then roll the area as well. If you don't have a roller walk on the seed to compact it into the soil. Keep the land watered and moist until germination occurs. Use about 1 pound of seed per 2000 square feet of area that you are planting. Then enjoy your flowers as they grow.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades