One of the best ways to add summer colour to your garden or patio is with hanging baskets. Now is the perfect time to plant up baskets in order to give the plants a few weeks to establish before they are hung outside after the danger of frost has passed. Learn how to make a beautiful hanging baskets with this tutorial.
The choice of plants for baskets gets bigger every year and you'll find garden centers are fully stocked up with plants at this time of the year.
To keep the baskets growing and flowering through the summer into early autumn it is important to feed regularly and one of the best ways is to mix in slow release fertilizers into the compost at planting time. This will ensure the plants get a constant supply of nutrients. Just as important is the need for water and to help prevent the compost drying out too quickly, you should add a water retaining gel such as swell-gel when planting. After planting the basket should be watered and hung in a light frost free place for a few weeks until ready for hanging outside in the garden.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades