John White (Doña Ana County Extension Agent) talks to Natalie Goldberg (Extension Plant Pathologist) about Powdery Mildew that affects many plants. They look at a Japonica that is heavily infested. Powdery Mildew is enhanced by shaded condition despite the dry climate. It starts with a spot spore infection that will easily spread by the wind or by rubbing. Control methods are difficult and involves a lot of routine applications of chemicals (ornamental fungicide) to keep it in check once the plant is infected. In addition, the plant would have to be pruned to keep it airy and fallen leaves, debris and excess inoculums will have to be cleared from the plant . Most control methods are pre-emptive that is before the infection starts.They also look at slime flux (bacterial wetwood) problems that affect fast growing and weak wooded trees like the willow, elm, mulberry and cottonwood. Once infected it will stay with the trees for the rest of its life although it can be controlled by good water management and fertilizer. Recommendations include preventing freeze injury and sun damage.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades