Harvesting garlic scapes is a simple and very easy task. Grab some small clippers and then head out into the garden. Make sure you have harvested it before it has sprung its flower. Also make sure you cut it before the scape has curled around (at the top of the scape and where the flower will form), it tastes better and is nice and tender. Locate the scape and make a small mental note on where your going to cut it. The best location to do that is, as far down as the last set of leaves (near the top). One side suggestion is to cut it in the afternoon so the sap dries up quickly, so that it isn't as vulnerable to disease.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades