Cucumbers are a tasty addition to any salad or sandwich. Why not add this yummy vegetable to your garden at home? They are easy to grow and will taste even better fresh from the ground!
You Will Need
• Garden area
• Organic fertilizer (optional)
Step 1: Use rich soil
Use rich topsoil with plenty of compost to ensure the cucumbers receive lots of nutrients.
Step 2: Choose area
Plant in an area where your plants can receive full sun, and where they have plenty of room to grow.
Step 3: Plant in warm weather
Plant the seeds when the soil is warm and the chances for frost have passed.
Step 4: Increase germination chances
Plant three or four seeds in each hole to increase the chances of germination. Leave 3 feet between holes.
Apply an organic fertilizer on the plants when flowers appear.
Step 5: Use a trellis
Erect a trellis so the sprawling vines can attach themselves to it. Some plants can reach 6 feet tall.
Step 6: Water plants
Make sure the plants get plenty of water. Also beware of pests, such as aphids, cucumber beetles, and pickle worms.
Step 7: Enjoy
Enjoy your fresh-picked cucumber!
Did you know? Placing chilled cucumber slices on your eyes for 15 minutes tightens skin and relieves puffiness caused by fluid retention.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades