In this video Jack in the Net shows how to grow your own pineapple using just the crown. Find a nice firm, strong pineapple with no brown leaves. With a very sharp knife, cut straight through about an inch down from the crown. Then trim the flesh all the way around, leaving only the solid round core in the middle, being careful not to cut into the crown. The roots will grow off of the crown so all the fruit needs to be removed.
Put water in a large vase and set the pineapple down in it so that only the yellow bottom part is in the water. When the roots have grown to two or three inches it‚Äôs ready to plant. Take a large pot and put a layer of rocks in the bottom, then fill it with potting soil. Dig out a hole in the middle and place the roots down in it - and that‚Äôs all there is to growing a pineapple.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades