Growing plants in the Southwest is different then other climates. We learn how to grow plants in water. Salt is a factor that we need to be cautious of. Salt is in soil and in water. Water, once absorbed leaves a layer of salt. It can be avoided by watering in a certain way. Changing the water frequently, a dish underneath a potted plant to drain the water and flushing out the salt and re-potting periodically. Sometimes extremes measures must be taken to hydrate a plant. In this case putting a shallow dish of water underneath the potted plant will work to absorb the water and moisten the soil. Soil always needs to be moist when applying fertilizer. The soil will hold the fertilizer better when its moist. Fertilizer gives the proper minerals and nutrients a house plant needs.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades