Hippeastrum or Amaryllis is a flower that blooms in the winter. After the plant dies, rather than throw the bulb away you should keep them to flower again next year. When the flowers have faded, cut off the thick flower stalk at bulb level. The foliage should be allowed to develop and grow over the spring and summer, and to encourage the bulb to swell keep the compost moist at all times and feed weekly with a liquid feed such as Phostrogen. Only when the leaves naturally start to die down in summer should you stop watering and allow the bulb to dry out. By then it will be plump and contain embryo flower buds for next spring. Watch this how to video and you can learn how to care for your winter Amaryllis.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades