Hummingbirds are just as pretty as flowers—and a lot more interesting to watch. Here's how to bring these tiny miracles within view.
You Will Need
* A store-bought or homemade hummingbird feeder
* Granulated sugar
* And a bottle scrubber
* Red ribbon
* Colorful flowers to plant in your yard
* And petroleum jelly
Hummingbirds are attracted to the color red. Most feeders have red on them, but make yours more enticing by tying a red ribbon around the top. Don't add red food coloring to your nectar. It may be harmful to hummingbirds. Never substitute honey for sugar. Honey can give hummingbirds mouth infections. If the hummingbird feeder attracts too many ants, try smearing a little petroleum jelly on its hanger.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades